Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A long Pause

Somehow June got away from me and I had to push the pause button on my creative writing. I had hoped to spend some quality time this past weekend writing/ blogging but alas that didn't happen.  I did manage to spend the other night going through an accordion file full of notes, story starts, forms (for character analysis and plot mapping). I found several story starts that are screaming to be explored, literally the file is sitting on the floor next to my bed and when I climb into bed I see the bright purple plastic and it seems to be screaming at me to pick it up and explore the trails that I started at various points in my life.  I also pulled together 3 different journals and managed to put the pages in chronological order and read through them, again there are several story trails I want to explore.  My fingers want to type stories or better yet scribble ideas and brainstorm fixes to the stories that are started and never finished. My head is filled with voices of these various characters wanted to visit with me and tell me their stories. I just need to find the balance to create more.  Hopefully I have found some glimpse of balance in today's cleaning activities; I managed to pull a CAT-6 cable from the router in my old office space (soon to be the 9 year old's bedroom) to the living room. This should solve 2 problems. First the need for a line for school activities in the living room (so I can have both boys in the same space while doing school work and not feel like I have to leave one totally unattended to run down the hall and help the other one); the second is the desire to have my laptop available for writing and not hide in the back of the house to write.
I need to talk to my husband again to see if we can come up with a balance, especially after the productive housework day the boys and I had.  Oh the stories I could write just from homeschooling 2 boys and living in a small rural community.  Here I go another tale stirring in my head.
I am going to try and do a daily prompt tomorrow but for today this is where I am and that is really all I can ask for.

No comments: